YouTube Description Generator
A video description is the long written content that accompanies your video and its metadata. Both YouTube and Vimeo support long video descriptions up to 5000 characters.
Most videos uploaded to YouTube don't even come close to this limit. Just because you have 5,000 characters doesn't mean you should stuff your description with keywords, rather you should divide the number of available characters into equal parts: Video SEO and Adding Value viewing experience. Read on and we'll show you how.
Why are YouTube descriptions important?
Like video titles, video descriptions serve a dual purpose of enabling video SEO with relevant keywords and providing viewers with descriptive text about the video. Video descriptions can also provide natural paths to other chapters in the video Links to your website Links to social media links to other videos or further reading/resources.
Unless you are an approved partner in the YouTube Partner Program (at least 1000 subscribers), you will not be able to add clickable call-to-action (CTA) link annotations that lead directly from your video to your website. so the only other way to add a link directly in the video illustrate.
What should you write in your YouTube description?
By default, video descriptions on YouTube are truncated to the first 3 lines (approximately 280 characters) when the video is initially loaded. Vimeo's video description truncation is much more generous at 750 characters. But given YouTube's dominance of online video, you should make sure to preload Your description contains the most important words in the first 3 lines.
It's worth noting that the truncated video description only appears for desktop users. By default, mobile users do not see any video descriptions and must choose to expand them
Make sure you try to see where the truncation point is.
For Example :
YouTube's Creator Academy published 7 top tips for effective YouTube descriptions, with the #1 tip being "Writing Searchable Descriptions":
Using targeted keywords or keyphrases throughout your video description is a best practice to increase relevancy and help boost your video in search results for your targeted keywords.
Adding value to the viewing experience
In helping your audience learn more about your video and who you are, we recommend breaking your video description into 7 main sections:
1. About the video (about 500-1000 characters): remember the first 3 lines are the most important, so make sure your target keyword appears here and you describe it in a way that is consistent with how people are likely to search Video your topic/topic. After that feel free to elaborate Additional minor or detailed information about what the video covers. Don't forget to put your video tag at the bottom:
2. Timestamp (approximately 500 characters): This is a useful navigation option that lets you paste a link to the video's timecode that aligns with different parts of the video. For example, your video has 5 different "chapters". You can link to each here so viewers can quickly Jump to the part of the video that interests them the most.
But how do you create an actual link? You do not need! By simply entering a number in minutes:seconds format YouTube will automatically hyperlink the text and make it clickable - so easy!
Also, by adding these timestamps in the video description, YouTube will automatically place your timestamp description at the bottom of the video in the play bar:
3. About Channel (approximately 500-1000 characters): This should be a general description of your channel and the type of content you post and how often.
4. Other Recommended Videos/Playlists: (~250 characters) Promote some of your other videos or playlists by linking directly here and providing some 1 liner on each video or playlist to encourage viewers to click !
It might make sense to link to a video you haven't posted yet! That's fine, just leaving it at that, but remember to come back and update this section with new video links when they are posted.
5. About your product and company (approximately 500 - 1000 characters): Explain what your organization does and what your product/service is.
6. Website link (~50 characters): Don't forget to link to your website!
7. Contact and Social Links (approximately 100-500 characters): Finally link to some of your other social media pages and profiles like Facebook Instagram Twitter LinkedIn etc.
How does the video description generator work?
Video Description Maker is a handy tool that helps you build and generate perfectly SEO-optimized and viewer-friendly video descriptions. It helps you focus on creating 7 individual parts that you can fine-tune individually and then copy and paste into your video as a complete string Description box on YouTube or Vimeo.
Start at the top and work your way through each section. If you don't want a particular section, just uncheck it. Below Section 7 are three keyword fields called "Target Keywords"
Enter up to three of your targeted keywords here to check their occurrences throughout the video description. If your keyword is mentioned 5 or more times, the count will be in green, indicating the ideal number of occurrences for SEO purposes, otherwise it will be The color is red and you should include it several times in the description. Click "Generate Description" to refresh your keyword usage statistics:
When you're done, just click "Copy to Clipboard" to paste your new video description into YouTube!
Update the video description of an existing video
As with editing video title tags or hashtags, you can edit the video description of an existing video without any problems. But keep in mind that when you do this, YouTube will re-evaluate your video and may Previous watch time data reached.
This can be a good thing or a bad thing: if your video isn't optimized and doesn't have high search volume, updating your video description may help its search ranking. However, if your video gets consistent view counts, changing your video description could disrupt it.